Job Position: Safety Officer
Location: Quezon City
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Make sure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Make certain that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Conduct safety training from time to time
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Establish a full program of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured program of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training program and health and safety services.
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings.
- Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Manager, Board of Directors/Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
- Liaise with suppliers i.e. Insurers, solicitors etc.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- Must be a licensed/registered nurse
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as an industrial nurse/safety officer
- Must have experience in conducting safety training for employees
- BOSH Certification is an advantage
- Willing to work in Quezon City
- Willing to work two Saturdays per month
- Available to start immediately