SFI PRIVACY NOTICE
Servicio Filipino Inc. (“SFI”, “We”, or “Us”), values your privacy and is committed to the protection of your personal information. We ensure that your personal data is safe and secure in compliance with the requirements of all relevant data privacy and protection laws, particularly in accordance with Republic Act 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, ACQUIRE OR GENERATE
When you apply with us, visit our offices or our website, we may collect personal information directly from you or from third parties. This information may include but is not limited to the following: Name, Position, Marital Status, Age, Date of Birth, Government-Issued Identification Card/Numbers, Home Address, Office or Business Address, E-mail Address, Telephone Number, Photograph, Biometrics, Educational Background, Work Experience, Medical Records and Bank Information.
When you enter into, or at least express interest in a service agreement with us, your personal data as a prospect, service provider, and/or partner may also be processed in order to establish, execute, and/or terminate a contract. Prior to a contract and/or during the contract initiation phase, personal data may be processed to prepare bids or purchase orders or to fulfill other requests of the prospects, partners and service providers that relate to contract conclusion. In these cases, information such as name, contact number, position, physical and email address, may be collected.
From time to time, we may employ the services of third parties in our business and may also receive personal information collected by those third parties in the course of the performance of their services for us. In these instances, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties have represented to us that they have the right to disclose your personal information to us.
Where permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we may also collect information about you without your knowledge or consent.
WHY WE COLLECT THEM
SFI uses personal information only as necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained. As such, we may use your personal data in the following instances:
- To determine your eligibility for employment;
- To communicate with you;
- To administer your salary and benefits;
- To process employee and work-related claims (e.g. worker compensation, insurance claims, etc.);
- For training and/or development requirements;
- In order to conduct performance reviews and determine performance requirements;
- To assess your qualifications for a particular job or task;
- To gather evidence for disciplinary action and/or termination, as the case maybe;
- To establish a contact person in the event of an emergency;
- To perform processes necessary for us to comply with our contractual obligations with you and others;
- To comply with applicable labor laws and other legal processes;
- To respond to request from public authorities;
- To enforce our policies and agreements;
- To protect our business, rights and properties and to allow us to pursue our remedies; and
- Other purposes we may specifically disclose to you when we collect or request for your information.
HOW WE STORE, RETAIN AND DESTROY YOUR INFORMATION
We value your privacy that is why we maintain, enforce and implement organizational, physical, and technical security measures to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of your personal information. Your personal data are kept in a safe place within our office premises. We make every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard its security and privacy and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized parties. Furthermore, your personal data shall only be kept for as long as necessary and/or as needed for the purpose for which they were collected. Once your files are no longer needed or its purpose already achieved, we will take all reasonable actions to destroy or erase all data from our database and storage facilities. We will do all this while ensuring that we follow the required standard of care that is at par with the industry standards.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
SFI does not share nor disclose your information unless you have consented to it or is allowed or required by law. Unless otherwise stated, your information shall only be disclosed or shared to the following for the stated purposes:
- With our principal, domestic and international partners. This is necessary to process and honor our contractual obligations with you and for audit and reportorial purposes;
- To a third-party entity, to perform a business, professional, or service function for us, such as customer servicing, information technology, data entry or processing, printing, dispatch, mail distribution, payment, training, data storage or archival, disaster recovery, and business continuity;
- To a regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority in order to prevent or prosecute crimes or fraud, or to comply with a legal obligation; and
- Any other party you authorize us to disclose your personal data to.
YOUR DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
You are afforded rights in relation to your personal information under the Data Privacy Act of 2012. These are the right to information, access, correction, deletion, object to the processing or further processing, including the right to lodge a complaint and be awarded damages with the National Privacy Commission. SFI respects your rights and we make every effort to provide mechanisms to help you in the exercise of these rights.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or how your personal information has been handled by us, you may contact our DPO thru the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Landline: +63 2 371 8000 Loc. 107
- Website: https://serviciofilipino.com
- Address: 105 West Ave. Quezon City, Philippines
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We regularly review our policies and procedures to ensure that our practices remain compliant with applicable laws, and are up to date with industry trends. As such, we shall continually update this Notice as necessary. We recommend that you check and review it periodically.
Last Updated: May 6, 2019