Key Competencies/Skills Needed
• Basic knowledge in chemical reactions
• Basic knowledge and operation of MS Word and MS Excel
• Strong interpersonal skills/Good communication skills
• Maintains good personal hygiene and maintains orderliness in the work area
• Enthusiastic to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Physically fit and without any known skin allergy/diseases
• Must not be color blind
• Has attention for detail and could spot differences
• Must be able to work on shifting and overtime during the week and on weekends as required by the business
• Operates basic laboratory instruments –pH meter, analytical balance, thermometer, moisture analyzer, and viscometer
• Knowledge of use of basic analytical glassware
• Knowledge in GC and HPLC operation is an advantage.
Scope of Work
• Performs physical and chemical analysis of all incoming, routine retest and non-routine retest of all Finished /Processed Ingredients/Raw Ingredients
• Provide support to instrumentation
• Monitors and updates weekly stability test results of each new product (FMB) tested
• Updates Senior Chemist/QA Analysts as soon as issues arise in testing
• Updates database relevant to testing and release
• Assist in Red Bag Management
• Assist in ensuring the upkeep of the Quality Assurance Laboratory including monitoring the stock situation of all laboratory supplies. Prepares laboratory reagents and ensures these are properly standardized.
• Maintains monthly calibration of all laboratory equipment that operates daily (i.e.pH meter, Viscometer and pycnometer)
• Ensures compliance to all Company GMP, Safety and Security policies, rules and regulations.
• Performs other duties that may be required from time to time.